At Loumain we work in a team with top architects, building and fitout designers to deliver award-winning designs for our clients.
Design planning, design brief, building design management
Loumain works closely with many of the top 100 building design architects to assist clients with design. We manage the flow from planning and concept to design briefs and concept drafting (incorporating a construction design management plan)
This service allows our clients to
- Identify potential town planning concerns which need addressing
- Present a concept design document as part of a development or town planning application
- Identify preliminary budget estimates for works (including site area works) or engage a quantity surveyor
- Present a design brief for internal or external collaboration and review
- Incorporate the design as part of a design & construct (D&C) package.
We assist our clients in identifying potential cost savings even in this early conceptual stage. The design deliverable often allows an investor or developer to generate external interest, recruit tenants and other interested parties.
Most of Loumain's clients (both new and existing) approach us in a stage before any design work commenced. We have the experience and capabilities to take on the entire process.
Design consulting & constructability assessment
Loumain can assess an existing building design efficiency, scope of works, architectural ideas and features as well as economics of an existing design. We assist clients in Melbourne, Geelong, Sydney, Brisbane and beyond by
- Providing external consultancy
- Identifying cost savings and building design efficiency
- Structural design options and design engineering
- Assessing construction program milestones and staging.
Scope of works, trade breakdowns, staging and future-proofing
As a fully resourced construction design company, we can produce various reports and documents, which take the guesswork out of building design. These include:
- Scope of works
- Breakdown of trade components and packages
- Staging the project construction based on proposed design
- Review designs and provide design guidelines
- Introduce project management plans based on design.
Interior design, fitout, fixtures and fittings (F&F)
Being able to balance creativity and practicality is what we do best. Practical and cost effective Fitouts do not need to be dull. Our interior designers implement features which create a timeless appeal.
We assist clients in identifying
- Suitable fixtures
- Available, compliant fittings
- Creating comprehensive F&F schedules
Permit process management
We provide a permit process management as part of a comprehensive D&C delivery model or as a standalone package. Our service range includes
- Development planning management
- Town planning and use permit process management
- Building permit process management
- External accreditation process planning
Engineering drawings and documentation
We provide professional engineering services by qualified staff. These include
- Electrical engineering design and documentation
- Hydraulic design and specifications
- Mechanical (HVAC) design, specification and schedules
- Fire safety and fire services design
We also manage the comprehensive construction drawings design process.
We assist with procurement planning. RFP and RFQ schedules.
Are you an architect or a design firm?
We would love to hear from you, get in touch with us about a specific project or your firm's area of specialty.